Cooking hearty family meals at home is always much easier when you have the best tools and cooking appliances for the job. In this guide to the best air fryer pressure cooker combo, you will find reviews of five top models. This should help you determine the right approach for your needs.
A machine specially designed for a cooking function, such as an air fryer or pressure cooker, can lead to great-tasting meals with minimal fuss. A combination pressure cooker air fryer can, therefore, make things even easier.
Air fryer vs pressure cooker.
There are lots of ways to cook meals and joints of meat and many companies will create some impressive machines to handle all the hard work for you. One popular approach in many households is to have a pressure cooker out on the counter. These robust machines use a high-pressure system to cook the food. Many will use this to cook meat but you can create some great all-in-one meals here too. You should be able to set it up right the right timer and function and leave it alone. Read this guide about best pressure cooker.
The same is true for an air fryer. These machines should have many of the same convenient features and hands-free approaches in countertop models. Air fryers work in a different way. They circulate hot air around the food items in the basket to offer a nice crispy finish. Therefore, if you want to make something like chicken wings or fries then you can get the right texture.
A combo air fryer pressure cooker changes the game.
You do have to be careful which food items you choose depending on the type of cooking machine. Some vegetables, for example, do well in one but not the other. This means that consumers either have to choose between the type of meals they make in choosing a machine, or they get two machines and need to find more space in the kitchen.
The alternative here is to go for a combination pressure cooker air fryer system. This is where you can get the two great cooking functions in one simple machine. All you need to do is have the right insert in the machine and the right setting and it will do the rest. A air fryer pressure cooker combo like this can save on time, space, and money when you choose the right model.
10 air fryer pressure cooker combo Reviews
This first option is a great choice for those that want convenience and are new to this sort of cooking. There are lots of different functions here - 9 in total - so that you can get a great result on lots of different meals.
The 8-quart capacity should be more than enough for your cooking needs. The air fryer pressure cooker is designed to provide a great result from frozen in just 20 minutes (where applicable) and there is a great crisp to the meats on the meat in the fryer basket.
- A large capacity for big pieces of meat.
- Lots of functions for different cooking needs.
- A great finish on the meat.
- Recipes included to help.
- Not the cheapest option.
- Heavy parts that can make it more difficult to handle.
Another benefit of choosing this option is that you get a strong construction, with the stainless finish, as well as user-friendly guides and recipes. If you are a complete novice, this should get you started with ease. Just make sure to source the best deal on price and remember that this thing is heavy!
Instant Pot has made one of the best-selling series of electric devices in this range. Instant Pot Duo Crisp and the Duo Pro Crisp 11-in-1 Electric pressure Cooker, slow cooker with Air Fryer is a multi-functional incredible piece of cookware.
With the sizable capacity of 8 quartz as well as various safety functions along with 11 different ways of cooking food, you’re going to get a lot of incredible options as long as you’re creative with your food. This pressure cooker air fryer is a must buy option if you have high budget.
- It is multi-functional, which means it can be used as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice steamer, air fryer, baker, and many other options.
- From temperature control to pressure sensor along with other safety functions, the use is perfect for beginners.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- The pressure cooking lid is a bit heavier than expected.
- A few functionalities are manually controlled which isn’t that great either.
Overall, at the price that it comes for, the product is a good choice and you’re going to cook some delicious food in it, especially if you’re a beginner or a novice at air frying and pressure cooking.
For 3rd, we have this alternative option from Ninja. For a start, this one may have greater appeal to those that find our top pick to be too big, heavy, or just too complex to meet their needs as a new user.
The product does a lot of the same things in the same way, with a great process for crispy frying and fast pressure cooking. However, you do need to be aware that this means 7 functions instead of 9 and a smaller capacity of 5-Quarts.
- A nice finish to the interior and exterior.
- Another great pressure cooking process across the board.
- A lighter version as there is less to handle.
- A lot cheaper than the complex 9-in-1
- Fewer functions than the option above.
- Not as much guidance on recipes and options.
There may be less going on here, but that doesn't mean that there is any sort of lack in quality. The interior of the product as a great non-stick surface and is removable for cleaning. The outside also has a nice high gloss finish so it looks good. In fact, this more compact model could be more appealing out on a counter.
This next option will stand out to many consumers because of the lower price. You pay considerably less for this option than the high-end Ninja at the beginning of this guide.
As a result, you might expect to see far fewer features. That isn't really true because there are still 7 functions here and some great Instant Pot Duo air fryer reviews. You also get a slightly larger capacity than the smaller Ninja at 6-quart. Consumers can also benefit from the one-touch programming with 14 options available.
- Lots of functions for a low price.
- Timers, delays and other settings for ease of use.
- A decent capacity.
- one-touch programming.
- The lid doesn't have the same quality as other models.
- You can pay a little more for more comprehensive Instant Pots.
This is a small, convenient system with timers, delays and a definite user-friendly feel. So where's the catch? This is a budget version because it has less than other models in the Instant Pot range. There isn't the indicator on the cooking progress, the same seal on the lid or the steam release feature.
NUWAVE have gained quite a solid reputation in the cookware industry with their unique utensils and high-tech digital equipment.
With a digital screen along with 300 preset functions to choose from, with the touch of buttons you’re going to be able to cook amazing food if you use this product.
- The combo can save and store up to 240 recipes of your choice which you can recall and cook with just the press of a few buttons.
- Bake, sautee, dehydrate, steam, air fry, and pressure cook loads and loads of food options according to your choice.
- The unique thing about this cooker and fryer combo is that it comes with removable lids which make it usable as a standalone device with a high-quality stainless steel design.
- It comes with only 6 quartz capacity.
- Also the price for the digital integration is quite a lot in comparison to the overall value.
As amazing as the tech factor is, along with the unique lid removing option and multiple functions to choose from, this air fryer pressure cooker combo is definitely a good one, in my opinion, just a little expensive.
Next up is a model that has a lot of great reviews from those that have tried it out. This is a good looking model that seems more compact and has a nice touchscreen for all the settings and controls.
There are 22 pre-sets available, 15 of which are for cooking processes, and this means great variation in how you cook your meals. You can experiment with this model. It is also meant to be easy to clean once you have finished.
- Lots of pre-sets and functions to choose from.
- A sleek touch screen control panel.
- Efficient cooking for lots of different meals.
- Easy to clean
- Smaller than some expected.
- Possibly heavier than expected too.
Most users are impressed with the options and general ease of use of this air fryer pressure cooker. There are some say that it is too small, but the company do state that this is just a 6.5 Quart option. Also, be aware that the thicker coatings and energy-saving layers could add to the weight of this thing. This might not have the wow factor of the Ninja in terms of features but it is efficient.
MOOSOO are widely known for their incredible cooking utensils but what tops the charts is this particular device that gives you a blue LED screen along with tons of air fryer cooking functions and many presets to choose from.
- The design is quite nice, compact, and overall pretty visually aesthetic in my opinion.
- The MOOSOO Pressure Cooker Air Fryer contains 360-degree rapid air circulation technology to reduce oil and fat up to 85%.
- It is known to cook food 70% faster than other pressure cookers or air fryers and quite easily too.
- Not as many presets or functionalities as the other available combos.
- The size capacity of the MOOSOO combo isn’t that huge either.
If you’re a beginner, then I believe getting the MOOSOO Air Fryer Pressure Cooker combo would be an apt decision for you but it doesn’t have a lot of advanced functions so that is something to keep in mind.
This product comes from the Emeril Lagasse Emeril Everyday range. There is a lot here that suggest a high-quality machine. The favourable reviews praise the cooking process and features on offer. You get plenty of functions in a large 8-quart machine. There is also some quality to the lid and build that you don't see with our budget model.
- The quality of the construction.
- The range of cooking processes.
- The large capacity.
- The results on lots of different meals.
- The accessories aren't readily available.
- It is very expensive.
So why is this one at the bottom of our list? Simply put, you can get a brilliant experience and lots of options, but only if you are prepared to pay for it. Some listings talk about a comprehensive accessory pack to make life easier. But, these don't always come with the machine. Buying them separately adds to the cost of a machine that isn't cheap to begin with.
The MICHELANGELO 6.5QT combo device is one of the best air fryer pressure cookers out there. The LED touch functionality along with a decent size capacity is what you’re going to get with it.
Moreover, a stainless steel design and tons of amazing features and functions to use for making roasts, baking goods, steamed foods, fried foods, and even slow-cooked meals effectively.
- It includes a bunch of excessive tools like a roasting rack as well as various lids for all kinds of cooking.
- The overall design is pretty impressive and at the same time, it is super-durable and compact.
- It comes with 9 presets for various foods that you might want to cook commonly which is great and efficient.
- It is expensive in comparison to other products on this list which isn’t that great.
If you’re thinking of buying this piece of equipment, you’re going to want to have a good budget but since the value is pretty great, you’re surely going to enjoy your cooking with it.
10. COOCHEER Pressure Cooker Air Fryer combo
COOCHER has made quite an impressive impact in the industry. It might be expensive but with state-of-the-art digital technology and removable lids along with many functions, this air fryer & pressure cooker combo will cook amazing food for you.
- There are advanced safety and protection mechanisms used in this particular combo.
- 360 degrees air circulation reduces fat content and the combo cooks food 70% more efficiently and faster.
- There are over 17 presets and many amazing functions that you can use for cooking food.
- The overall price is expensive.
- The size capacity of this combo is not very big.
It is a decent option in this list if you’re a beginner and you don’t need to cook a lot of food, otherwise, there are better and cheaper cookware options available on this above list.
Features to consider When Buying Best Air Fryer Pressure Cooker Combo
There is a lot to consider when choosing a machine for your kitchen. A presence of the combination pressure cooking and air cooking systems is just a starting point. You also need to be sure that they offer the following,
- The right amount of cooking functions for your needs.
- High-quality features and accessories to get the job done.
- A good construction with all the right materials.
- User-friendly features for those new to this sort of system.
- The right price.
Capacity is a great place to start. If you have a large family, or just a large appetite, you will want a machine with enough space for all the meat and other food items needed. Go too small and you will struggle. Once you determine the right Quart capacity for your needs, you can pick the best air fryer pressure cooker from there.
Most brands will make it apparent straight away just how many functions are on offer. For example, you might get a 9-in-1 model, such as our top pick. This means that there are 9 cooking methods to choose from. Experienced cooks can take advantage of these options. Those with less confidence or limited needs might go for a more simplistic and cheaper option.
By accessories, we mean the inserts and baskets used to create the different meals and aid the processes. For example, you could get a nice stainless-steel basket for the air fryer. Look for options that are easy to use and also easy to clean. Removable, dishwasher safe items are great.
A good construction is essential here. You can't have a machine that loses pressure, leaks hot air or water, or that just feels flimsy. A solid machine with a secure lid and a good base will offer peace of mind. Non-stick coatings on the interior elements will help too.
A user-friendly system is a must. The controls and settings have to be convenient and understandable. It helps to have as much of a hands-free approach as you can get to leave this to get to work in the kitchen. Also, many brands will offer guides with recipes for those that want to try new things.
Finally, we can't overlook the importance of finding a air fryer at just the right price. There are some big differences in cost depending on the brand and the features on offer. Comprehensive models will cost more. Budget models are affordable, but go too cheap and you might lose out on quality.
Advantages of Using a Pressure Cooker Air Fryer Combo
What’s better than just an Air Fryer? Well, an Air Fryer and Pressure Cooker Combo. It’s got all the functions and advantages of both the cooking vessels. That’s the biggest advantage. But there are a lot of other amazing benefits that you should know about as well. Let’s take a look at these advantages.
- Easy to Use – First and foremost, using such a combo much easier than using a standalone pressure cooker or air fryer any other utensil to cook or frying food which makes it a good choice for beginners.
- Quick and Efficient – These Combos are super-efficient in cooking things. You can set the timer and the temperature and you’re going to get tasty food ready in a short amount of time.
- Compact Combo of Vessels – If you had a pressure cooker and an air fryer separately, you’d need to have more space to keep both things. With the Combo, you’ve got both the utensils with tons of functions in a small and compact form.
- Eat Healthy and Lose Weight – When you’re using an air fryer pressure to cook food, you’re getting rid of the cholesterol-raising oils and fats and eating healthy snacks that are tasty at the same time, so they’ll help you lose weight effectively as well.
- Reduced amount of harmful compounds – Oily foods contain traces of many harmful chemicals that are bad for your health. When you eliminate oil through the use of Air fryer and Pressure Cooker combos, the harmful compounds are reduced in your cooked food.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here is a list of the most frequently asked questions regarding air fryer and pressure cooker combos and how they work, so let’s take a look at them individually.
Q. What is meant by a Pressure Cooker Air Fryer Combo?
This device is a two-in-one function utensil that serves both the functionality of air frying food instead of having to fry it in oil and cook your food with steam and a water-based liquid. Such a product is a compact cooking solution and that’s what’s great about it.
Q. What is the best combo device on market?
Out of all the incredible products on this list, I believe the best of the best option is the Ninja 9-in-1 Air Fryer Pressure Cooker Combo because of the number of features it includes and the quality of the build along with the overall design of the cooker.
Q. Is it possible to use a pressure cooker as an air fryer?
Well, although it is theoretically possible to use your pressure cooker as an air fryer, you won’t be able to get the same crisp and fried feel. For that, you’d need additional accessories like the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid or something that provides that extra-crispy fried texture.
Q. What’s better, a pressure cooker or an air fryer?
Well, it truly depends on the use. If there is a need to slow cook meats and make stews, you are going to need a pressure cooker. But if you’re thinking of frying a chicken breast or snacks for your meals, I’d recommend an air fryer. However, if you want the functions of both in one utensil, you should go for a pressure cooker air fryer.
Q. Is it possible to use a pressure cooker for deep frying?
No. It is not recommended to use this device as a deep fryer. There is a product known as a pressure fryer for deep frying food but it is unsafe to put hot boiling oil in a pressure cooker which is meant to cook food using the steam of the liquid base within it.
Find the best air fryer pressure cooker combo that suits your needs.
To summarise, our top pick of these machines has to be the Ninja 9-in-1 option simply because of the number of features that you get here. This is the most comprehensive option that can pretty much guarantee a great finish on all kinds of meals. However, there are cheaper, smaller, and more beginner-focused options around if you need them.
Take your time to compare the different air fryer brands, but also the different models that brand can provide. Look for the right capacity and functions for your cooking needs as well as something that is easy to use. From there, you can have fun trying out new recipes and seeing why this combination deep fryer pressure cooker is such a great approach.