My new air fryer has really changed my life. I used to be completely useless in the kitchen, but now my friends are calling me the domestic princess – all in just a few weeks time.
In case you haven’t heard of air fryers yet, an air fryer is a new device that can cook practically anything in just a few minutes. To do this, it uses complex technology to cook food with minimal or no oil required. It also comes with a timer, which will turn your device off automatically once it is done cooking. This will ensure that you don’t burn or overcook your food. All you have to do is season it, place it in your air fryer and wait for magic to happen.
If you are still clueless as to what you can make with your air fryer aside from frozen food, here are two super easy air fryer recipes that you can follow with ease.
Salmon and Soba Galore
Peri-Peri Chicken Goodness
Preparation Time: 30 minutes, though you will need to season the sweet potatoes and chicken the night before.
- Chicken at 140 degrees for 8 minutes and then at 180 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Sweet potato fries at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Chicken breast
- Sweet potato, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedge
- Before anything else, you have to marinade your sweet potatoes and chicken the night before, so that the flavors really sink in. Add some salt and pepper to the chicken breast and then add some peri-peri marinade. Buying the marinade from a supermarket would be much easier than making your own.
- Slice your sweet potato into strips and then place them in a ziplock bag. Season them with Tabasco, paprika, olive oil, salt and pepper and then leave them in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, place the chicken breast on baking paper and set your airfryer to 8 minutes at 140 degrees.
- Get your salad ready while your chicken cooks.
- When the timer beeps, check on your chicken breast and then cook it for 6 minutes at 180 degrees. While this will take up a little bit more time, your chicken will end up more succulent and tender afterwards.
- Once done, place your fries in your airfryer for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Serve your chicken with the fries and squeeze some lemon juice onto it to complete the dish.
As with any other air fryer recipes out there, don’t forget to preheat the device before cooking. Enjoy!