Unlike traditional gas or electric stoves, a commercial induction cooktop is an excellent way to efficiently use energy in the safest way possible. They come in a wide array of features and benefits that makes it not only effortless to cook but will make sure you're doing your part in saving energy.
Some commercial induction burners can also be used for household purposes for large boils and brewing since it has more power and convenience than the average consumer induction cooktops.
However, where induction burners can take more than half of the burden off your shoulders, it can also increase your problems if not bought right. You have to consider a number of factors before buying one, for example, its size, the quality of its fans, and overall built. Moreover, you have to consider the price factor because most commercial cooktops are quite expensive. People who decide to invest in these types of cooktops usually look at their long-term benefits. However, it is important to make the right choice when buying a commercial induction cooktop.
After thorough research and weighing all the customer reviews, our team of experts has collated the information in this review of the best commercial Induction cooktops you can find on the market today!
If you are in a hurry, here's our top pick, but if you really need to make a sensible investment, go through the all best possible induction cooktops and choose the one that is right for you.
With its high efficiency and sensor touch panel, Duxtop Professional Portable Induction Cooktop is clearly our winner today. Not only is it durable but also quite easy to clean and reliable. It comes equipped with a 7-blade fan and an LCD screen for displaying the readings. It is popular among its users and looks very elegant in its silver and black color combination.
Commercial Vs. Consumer Grade Induction Cooktop
You probably have noticed us mentioning commercial and consumer induction burners, but what is it, anyway? Well, look no further.
In general, if you only look at their names, everything sounds quite self-explanatory. The commercial-grade induction burners are made to withstand heavy-duty work for long periods, thus are called "commercial". This includes more durability to allow it to stay up strong, large burners, higher quality, and maximum ventilation to aid safe cooking environments.
Whereas consumer-grade or household induction burners are smaller in size (typically 4 inches) and have generally lower quality since they don't require much heavy-duty work.
Other than that, commercial grades are usually made of stainless steel, and consumer-grade PICs have plastic housings.
Features To Consider Before You Buy Commercial Induction Cooktop
Some commercial induction cooktops come with a boost function that speeds up the cooking power in case you need to boil a large pot of water in a limited time.
- Dials Vs. Button Controls
Since you are looking for a commercial-grade cooktop, it's obvious that you need easy controls to make it through your hectic and fast work of commercial life. Therefore, dials are rather easier and faster than push-button controls which require you to scroll through the digital menu.
Commercial induction stoves are built for heavy-duty work. Therefore, if the cooktop is manual, it should be made up of steel or aluminum, and if electric, then a heat-plastic plastic or glass surface is certainly the best choice.
However, bear in mind, your commercial grade burners will be heavier and sturdier than normal consumer-grade portable induction cooktops (PICs)
A good quality commercial grade cooktop consists of robust fans that create a safe environment in the kitchen. It should not only work efficiently but will run quietly in the background while you're focusing on actually making the food.
A cheap quality fan can either overheat the stove and shut down, or burn itself up in the middle of the cooking. Therefore, opt for the highest quality fans that might be loud as well, but won't create disturbance by creating ratty sounds as the cheap ones do.
- Burner size
Although the sizes vary amidst different brands, mostly all commercial grade burners are likely to be bigger than consumer-grade ones. An ideal burner size for a commercial environment is around 6 inches.
Top 7 Best Commercial Induction Cooktops
Now that you're eligible enough to make the right choice for yourself, here we have listed some of the best commercial induction cooktops out there. It is recommended that you go through each and weigh all the pros and cons before coming to a conclusion.
So, let the comparison begin!
This Duxtop 8100MC Portable Induction Cooktop is the perfect example of an efficient cooktop that you can carry around with you whenever, wherever. Because they are highly user friendly and safe to use, they can elevate the cooking process for many chefs who frequently have to do heavy-duty work on a day to day basis. Other than that, Duxtop is known to generate more heat than traditional gas stovesmaking your work easier and faster.
- Manufactured by one of the best companies.
- The power setting is ideal for cooking food.
- Highly durable.
- Comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Poor customer service
The Breville PolyScience Control Freak is the most powerful induction cooktop in the world. It can hold up to 86 degrees of temperature for long periods of time. What distinguishes this from the rest is its sophisticated design and stainless steel material that makes it effortless to clean the cooking gunk on the burner.
Its temperature control system is one of the most striking features. This feature is not present in many other cooktops. So, let's have a look at its pros and cons.
- Can be used for sous vide applications.
- Features excellent temperature control system.
- If you break it, you won't be able to find any spare parts of the probe.
- Expensive to buy.
This compact NuWave's induction cooktop gives you the freedom to cook nearly anywhere you want. It can heat up large pots of water within a set time, keep scrumptious sauces warm and cooking, all while saving abundant space in the kitchen. Its highly customizable features like wattage ratings, multiple programming, and timer options make it enjoyable to cook anything you prefer.
It is an energy-efficient induction cooktop as it heats up quickly. However, the noise it produces may not appeal to a lot of people out there who like to cook their meals in silence.
- Heats up quickly.
- Highly compact, thus portable.
- Comes with multiple settings to customize your cooking experience.
- The screen remains on all the time.
- Is relatively noisy
The Vollrath Mirage Pro Induction Cooktop 1800-Watts works efficiently by sharing the induction heat in 4 insulator bipolar transistors (IGBT). Which, in effect, uses less electricity and provides faster cooking times than any other gas burner.
If we just talk about the company alone, The Vollrath has emerged to be one of the best kitchenware and appliances manufacturers for the foodservice industry. Where many people use this burn for household purposes, it doesn't void any residential kitchen warranty whatsoever.
It might be a little more expensive than other similar cooktops available on the market but it is totally worth the price.
- Made with heat-resistant stainless steel top and aluminum bottom.
- UL certified
- Doesn't provide warranty for household use.
- Many customers find it overpriced
Max Burton 6400 Induction Cooktop makes a perfect partner in the kitchen with its superior cooking features and customizable power settings. It works by giving you the highest possible results without wasting excessive energy. Thanks to its compact structure, you can ensure zero clutter in your busy kitchen.
Its best feature is the ease of maintenance. Moreover, it saves a lot of energy by heating up quickly.
- Since it has a ceramic finish, cleaning is a mess-free job.
- Heats up relatively fast.
- Easy to use touch settings
- The power cord is slightly stiff.
- Apparently, the simmers can't go for long; it has a 3-hour safety off feature.
Waring Commercial WIH400 comes with the perfect wattage and a wide array of preset temperatures to cook your favorite meals with a single click touch. Its easy-to-use user interface has a look of a traditional cooktop which allows high-temperature adjustability with + and - buttons.
Let's look at some of its advantages and disadvantages.
- Has a 10-hour cooking timer.
- Can withstand the maximum temperature of 500F.
- No frills.
- NSF approved.
- Loud fan.
- The cooktop doesn't automatically shut off when the timer has expired, so you need to be physically present most of the time.
If simplicity and safety are what you're looking for, The Mai Cook 3500W Induction Cooktop is just the right choice for you. With easy-to-use features and quality materials, this burner has all the necessary functions to not only allow you to use it commercially but for residential purposes as well.
- Equipped with an overheat sensor.
- Can endure heavy pots on the stove.
- Features a digital display that clearly shows everything you need to set.
- 6-20P Plug
How Does An Induction Burner Work?
If commercial induction cooktops don't have any flame, how do they actually cook food? Glad, you asked that. Give us a minute to explain.
Firstly, to use induction cooktops properly, you need to buy specific cookware that comes with a magnet at the bottom of the pan.
Secondly, induction in general is very fast and responsive to temperature changes than any other heat we get from the gas. It does this by sending heat waves through the coil to the built-in magnetic under the cookware.
Since it doesn't have an actual flame, it is highly safe and portable to cook anywhere you want. On any induction burner, you can easily spread newspapers or silicone mats on top of the stove to absorb grease while you are cooking.
Advantages and Disadvantages About Induction Burner
A portable induction cooker (PIC) can make your holidays and long journeys more enjoyable with home-cooked anywhere you want. Since it doesn't use gas or flame, it is completely safe to carry in any travel bag.
- Fast to heat up
You can expect a pot of water to boil faster on an induction cooktop (especially commercial) than on a gas stove.
- Cheaper in the long term
By investing in a good induction cooktop you can save thousands of dollars in electricity bills since induction uses an energy efficient technology.
- Need specific cookware to work
Your induction burner is futile if you don't have the right induction-compatible cookware with it. Cast iron, tri-ply stainless, and carbon steel are some of the few cookware materials that are induction-compatible. When in doubt, you can always count on the sales personnel to help you find the right cookware for induction burners.
Although induction cooktops are comparatively expensive than electric and gas burners, it is totally worth it as long as you save a bunch on electricity bills.
Since induction burners are flat, they are more likely to spill hot food on the table and make a mess. However, some induction burners are equipped with boil-over detectors that can eliminate this problem to a great extent.
All in all, where commercial induction cooktops are highly used in the heavy-duty commercial environment, many home kitchen consumers also prefer to use commercial over consumer-grade burners. The reason is simple. A professional portable induction burner is built with better quality, offers prolonged durability, and a wider temperature range that makes it irresistible to go for any other stove option.
Once you've realized that you need to switch to an induction cooktop, reflect on the things you want on your burner, weigh all the possible options mentioned above, and take your bet. Consider the cooktops discussed in this post and decide on one that suits your requirements and budget. We have listed both pros and cons of each product so that you can make a choice easily. All the best!
- PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER: Duxtop professional countertop burner uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet–standard in all North American homes. ETL listed and built to North American electrical standards. Lightweight, portable induction cooktop makes handling and storage easy.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY: Choose from 20 preset power levels (100W to 1800W) and 20 preset temperature level settings (100°F to 460°F). With an 83% energy efficiency rating, induction cooker is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves yet provides quick heat-up and faster cooking times.
- SENSOR TOUCH PANEL WITH LCD SCREEN: The sensor touch panel is sensitive to touch and easy to operate. The angle control panel features a large LCD readout display screen, providing easy viewing, even from a distance.
- DURABLE & EASY TO CLEAN: The stainless steel construction ensures durability and reliability. Equipped with a 7-blade fan and back tuyere to rapidly dissipate heat. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so it's easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel.
- 100% SATISFACTION: induction stoves rely on the cookware itself to heat, so it’s essential to choose magnetic bottom cookware with a minimum diameter of 5 inches. Please allow the induction hot plate to cool down before cleaning. Manufactured for reliable and durable performance in commercial and professional settings such as restaurants, industrial kitchens and other catering services.
- Through-the-glass pan temperature sensor allows the thermostat to touch the pan directly
- Directly sensing the temperature of the ingredients, Probe Control can hold temperature stability of ingredients to within 1.8 Degree
- The Control Degree Freak's patented twin fan cooling system keeps you cooking all night, even at searing temperatures in the hottest kitchen
- The world's first induction cooker that can set and hold any temperature from 86 DegreeF-482 Degree for any length of time
- Can be used with any induction compatible pot or pan ; cookware should have a minimum diameter of 4.5" / 12cm and a maximum diameter of 10" / 26cm.
- ADVANCED INDUCTION TECHNOLOGY – The 1800-watt NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) Pro Chef made with a series of magnetic induction coils in the 8-inch cooking surface. These coils generate magnetic fields that produce a warming reaction in steel and iron-based pots and pans, producing heat directly in the cookware and less residual heat in your kitchen
- NSF-CERTIFIED – The PIC Pro Chef has been tested and certified by NSF International, meaning it meets industry durability standards, passing a drop test with an impact of 1.5 ft lbs. This means that you can cook with confidence knowing the PIC Pro Chef’s glass surface won’t break, crack or shatter.
- PRECISE TEMPERATURE CONTROL – While other portable induction cooktops can only cook as low as 140°F or as high as 420°F, with the NuWave Cooktop, you can sear a gourmet steak at 575°F or keep sauces warm at 100°F, all with the same unit. Best of all, the intuitive digital temperature controls let you adjust the cooking temperature in 5° increments with the press of a button.
- SMART COOKING FEATURES – The portable 1800-watt PIC Pro Chef features 100 hours of memory that allows you to program your favorite cooking procedures, as well as a Delay function that allows you to initiate cooking when it's most convenient for you. The PIC Pro Chef also boasts a delayed shutoff feature for added convenience. It even lets you adjust the wattage so you can cook with limited power or with more than one appliance plugged into the same outlet.
- SAFE & EFFICIENT – The PIC Pro Chef generates heat directly in the cookware itself, wasting virtually no energy while cooking your food and saving you money on your energy bill. By using no more than 1800 watts, the PIC conserves up to 90% of the energy wasted by traditional gas or electric stoves. And because the PIC Pro Chef doesn’t cook with any open flames or hot coils, the area around the cooktop remains cool. These safety measures greatly reduce the risk of fires and accidental burns
- G4 engine
- Stainless case top and aluminum bottom
- 100% framed ceramic top
- 100 power levels
- COOKTOP: The Max Burton 6400 Digital Induction Cooktop is portable, easy to use and energy efficient
- INDUCTION: With induction cooking, your cookware is being heated by a magnetic field inside of the cooktop
- SAFE: There is no open flame or exposed heating element to burn people or surrounding items, making this ideal for young and old
- CONVENIENT: The Max Burton 6400 Induction Cooktop is lightweight, plugs into any standard household outlet and has an easy to use LCD screen and touch controls
- IDEAL: This cooktop can be used for a primary or secondary burner in the home, dorm, office, boat, RV or gourmet kitchen
- 3500-watt commercial-quality induction cooktop with 13 power levels
- Push-button controls and digital display; Timer, Temp, Watts
- Overheat sensor; Auto shut-off; Max load bearing: 133lb (about 14 gallon)
- Stainless steel body; Digital timer setting, max time 23:59
- 3500W~208/240V，6-20P plug ; Measures:13.9'' x 17.5'' x 4.1''