One of the most difficult challenges that every housewife has to face is to make a great dish yet still healthy. However, the method we use to cook our food somehow naturally affects our health. Example, Deep- frying.
I found out about a cookware that can help us solve this headache issue. This device uses a small amount of oil but still get us the best frying result. Some of you might have heard about it. It is the Air Fryer. The brand I mention in this article is GoWISE USA GW22638 8-in-1 2.0 Electric Air Fryer with Digital Programmable Cooking Settings. If you look for a air fryer pressure cooker combo, you may read our buying guide here.
GoWISE USA GW22638: Overview
When you try to make a fried dish, you have to use a large amount of oil to make it interestingly crispy enough to eat. This oil will, of course, be absorbed into your food and put your family at a risk of heart disease many other health problems. The leftover oil, which I pretty sure would be a large amount, also gains toxic if you leave it overnight. The frying process can make your house smell like a restaurant, too.
If your family is so in love with fried dishes such as chicken, sausages, fish and much more, you should consider this product. However, if you intend to fry a large amount of food, it might not work well, hence you have to fry separately with small parts.
Let’s delve into how the air fryer works.
- This cookware is based on the flow of heated air. There is a powerful fan guaranteeing the air circulate inside the device and cook all your food. The part used to heat the air can be considered like a convention oven. All these things are combined to serve us the best fried food without worrying about the negative impact on our health.
- You can fry without oil, too but I recommend using 1-2 spoons of oil to make all the potatoes and chickens crispier.
- This air fryer is extremely suitable for busy people. Before, I had to wait 30-60 minutes or even one night for the food to be thawed. With this fryer, now I just put all the frozen fare inside and push a button, then the air fryer will finish everything else. It is not only beneficial to our health but also is a game changer in our busy life.
- It is also really safe in the cooking process. You don’t have to worry about your children with all the hot pans and boiling oil things. Children now can do themselves fried chicken wings in just about 15-20 minutes.
Below I will give you some features that I found out about this air fryer:
GoWISE USA GW22638: Features
- 3.7 Quart Capacity
- Timer (up to 30 minutes)
- Automatic Shut-off
- Adjustable Temperature Control
- 8 Cooking Pre-sets
- 1500W – 120V, 60Hz
This GOWISE 8 in 1 electric air fryer gives us a capacity of 3.7 quarts, which equals up to 4 portions of French fries, 3-4 chicken drumsticks, 4-5 chicken wings or 2 pieces of pork chops. If your family consume more, you can consider the 10.5qt Gowise turbo air fryer, which is larger and more comfortable for frying.
To name 8 settings respectively, they are warm-up, chips, chicken, steak, meat, cake, and fish. These are all programmed so that you can just press the button and all the temperatures and time issue won’t become big troubles anymore longer.
Temperature and Time
If you are not fond of with the auto settings, you can still stick with the manual choices.
- The cookware sets the minimum temperature is 176 degrees Fahrenheit, and the maximum one is up to 392 degrees. Every food from frozen to fried can be processed completely well under this range. It gives you full flexibility to cook whatever you want.
- The maximum time is 30 minutes. Some might question if the air fryer cooks everything longer than usual, it does. However, we usually cook in this device for about 1 or 2 serving, so you don’t have to worry about the time because it will be much shorter.
- One plus point is that you can stop the cooking process right in the middle to give the food a shake or something. Some other appliance doesn’t allow us to do this when the device is running.
There is an ETL mark in the product showing that this has reached the safety standards. And as my practical use, it shows me many relieved points.
- First is that this fryer’s handle is not heated up during the cooking process, so that we can freely move the basket anytime we want.
- The automatic program runs quite safely, too as I tried to remove the basket once when it hasn’t reached the target time, and the whole system went off completely. It totally switches off itself whenever we remove the basket from the drawer or the cooking process has been done. We don’t have to pay much attention as deep frying but still no overcooked accidents.
- There is a guard button on the stay-cool handle, which keeps the release button inside. If you want to detach the basket from the pan, you have to slide the guard upwards and then the button that time will be revealed. This decrease the risk of falling off baskets and make sure our food is kept in a closed system.
Cooking basket and Pan
- The cookware is equipped with a removable drip pan and a detachable metal cooking basket ( 8” x 8” x3”), which are made of iron with non-stick surface coating. The basket helps us a lot in shaking the food inside because of the solid walls.
- If you use this machine, you need to shake your food halfway of the process to make sure it will fry evenly and your food can gain a beautiful golden brown color after all.
- A feature that I am really satisfied is that it only has 1 basket. Every time I try to fry a different kind of food at the same time, it becomes a real struggle. In contrast, the Philips one offers 2 layers so that we can fry separate food.
If you are using GoWISE USA Air Fryer GW22611 & GW22612 Air Fryer as well as the 2nd and 4th generation Gowise air fryers, you can consider buying a baking pan for some liquid or semi-liquid foods.
- Easy to use
- Have 8 different cooking options
- Automatically switch off when the food is done
- Can be washed in the dishwasher
- A recipe handbook is included.
- Can’t see the food from the outside
- Have to pay additional costs for accessories ( like baking pan, etc)
- This device is so dishwasher-friendly. All the things you can put into your dishwasher are the removable iron metal cooking basket, the Calphalon non-stick coating, and the basket holder.
- One of some small tips that I use to get a quicker cleaning is soaking everything in hot water immediately after cooking. By this, when you get back from your meals, there is just a bit grease left and it is much easier for cleaning.
- Adding that you should not use scrubs with the basket since all the small wires can get stuck in the corners and nobody want to spend more time to take them all out.
I scoured the Internet and also found many positive reviews on this product. It can do almost every fried dish from Chicken, French fries, to frozen foods and tater tots. The most impressive thing that people say about this is that there is no oil, which I believe is also the issue that you’re looking for.
1.VonShef 2.3QT (2.2L) Air Fryer 1230W
If you want to save space in your kitchen, you can consider The VonShef. It has a popular air fryer size of 2.3-quart basket. Furthermore, it can push the maximum heat up to 400F and still bring the warmness and crispiness to our food even when it only uses 1230W of energy. One more good point is that it won’t affect your energy cost. Save money, save energy still serve delicious food. However, it is lack of pre-cooking setting times.
2. T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry Low-Fat Healthy AirFryer
If you are seeking for your large meal cooked in a short time, you should meet TFal. Its capacity is much bigger than the GOWISE one. With one teaspoon of oil, you can cook up to 2.2 pounds of food! Interesting enough, it is truly lightweight. So small but a real beast.
I believe Airfryer is a trend in modern cooking nowadays. It is a must-have item that can help us quickly deal with every deep-fry meal perfectly, even with a large amount of food. The cooking process will be no longer a burden to our housewife, and you won’t have to worry about oil issues anymore, too.