I'm sure many of you have an issue with trying to cook a meal for your own without taking up too much time. After all, a lot of us are working and very tired after going home! But that doesn't mean you should give up and head on to the takeout menus! Fortunately, there are a huge number of recipes you can try that take only less than 20 minutes to make. And no, these aren't just microwave meals or what. I'm talking about delicious meals that make you look skilled in the kitchen! One recipe I like making after a long day would be a bowl of lemon garlic butter shrimp, which is as delicious as it is simple.
So read on as I show you this favorite and quick recipe of mine!
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
If you're looking for the best flavor combo, shrimp and butter are the way to go. Add a bit of lemon, and that twist will have the addicting taste that will have everyone get seconds. It's a throw-everything style recipe, but that doesn't mean it doesn't look fancy! From the flavor to its presentation, you won't believe it takes just ten minutes to do this!
This recipe serves four people. It only takes ten minutes to make!
- 1/3 cup of butter, divided
- Four cloves or one tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 3/4 pounds (800 grams) of shrimp (can be prawns), peeled and deveined with its tails intact
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper for flavor
- Juice of half a lemon, which is around two tablespoons. You may add more if you want
- Two tablespoons of water
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnishing (optional)
I recommend that you purchased shrimps or prawns which have already been shelled, deveined, and cleaned. Keep the tails on for its presentation! Purchasing shrimp like this will lessen the hassle of you preparing it yourself.
Also, please use fresh lemon juice and garlic for better and more fragrant flavors. These are two key elements in creating that exploding bite of deliciousness! Same goes with shrimp. Remember that the freshness and quality of ingredients are key to its flavor as well.
1. Melt two tablespoons of the butter in your large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic then cook it until it begins to become fragrant, taking about one minute.
2. Fry the shrimp and add salt and pepper, enough until it reaches your desired taste. Cook it for two minutes on one side and stir occasionally. Flip the shrimps on the other side and cook for another two minutes or until it just begins to turn pink.
3. Add the remaining butter, water, and lemon juice. Let it all cook, stirring occasionally, up until the butter melts and the shrimp cook through. Do NOT overcook your shrimps. This will have them taste chewy or burnt, which you obviously would not like! I avoid sautéing them too quickly as you wouldn't know which sides that need more cooking.
4. Once the shrimps have cooked, take it off the heat and taste it. If needed, add more lemon juice, salt, and/or pepper until it suits your taste preference. You may also want to throw in other seasonings like spices or even parmesan cheese!
5. Garnish the shrimps with your freshly chopped parsley then serve it over rice or pasta. If you like a bit of spice, you can add a pinch of oregano and red pepper flakes. You can also serve it beside crusty bread as an appetizer. Sometimes, I would use it as a topping for salads. Also, if serving the shrimps individually, add a lemon wedge on each serving for optional flavoring.
And that's it! You're ready to enjoy your shrimps. They can be used for any meal and any occasion, with its buttery and garlicky sauce with a twang of the zesty lemon.
And there you have it! With such a delicious and easy recipe, your next lunches and dinners will look fancy without too much of the effort! These garlic butter shrimps are so simple yet packed with a ton of flavor, exploding like fireworks in your mouth! It's also very flexible and can be used for just about any event or meal, may it be an appetizer, lunch, or snack!
I hope that this lemon garlic butter shrimp gave you an idea of what you should have for your next dinner or potluck! So what are you waiting for? Try this out today and be surprised at how quick it is to do!
If you have any questions or would like to share your tips and experiences with making these ten-minute lemon garlic butter shrimps, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think!